We also are interested in supporting early career scholars (graduate students or graduation date in 2017 or 2018) from all parts of the world and have established a travel award fund for this purpose. These travel awards include a travel stipend of an equivalent of Euro 1,400 if traveling from outside of Europe and Euro 800 if traveling from within Europe. Early career scholars from underrepresented regions are especially encouraged to apply.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be registered as a graduate student at a higher education institution at any level, or
- Be a recent 2017 or 2018 graduate
- Be explicitly listed as an author of a presentation accepted for BigSurv18.
- Applicants will submit their abstracts (500 words or less) to the BigSurv18 conference by February 28, 2018 (see Abstract submission for details). Please clearly indicate in the submission process that you would like to be considered for the Travel Award. References or letters of motivation are not required at this point.
- Participants whose abstracts have been accepted for the conference will be notified by March 30, 2018, that they will be considered for the Travel Award.
- Full application materials must be sent to info@BigSurv18.org by Monday, April 30, 2018 by 5 pm EDT. These should include:
- A curriculum vitae.
- A letter of motivation as to how attending the conference would benefit the applicant (in Word or pdf, a maximum of 2 pages, standard formatting).
- A letter from the adviser that certifies the applicant's status (e.g., current student or recent graduate), research plans and current achievements.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Awardees will be notified by Saturday, June 30, 2018.
- Awardees must confirm their BigSurv18 attendance and register by Sunday, July 15, 2018.
- Awardees will be officially announced at the welcome reception.
- Please note that participation in the Travel Award program carries with it an obligation to be a student volunteer during the conference.
- The award is conditional upon attendance. The actual award will be made within two weeks of the conference via electronic fund transfer to a designated, personal bank account.
- For travel to Spain, please see Travel, Visa and Other Considerations in Spain.
Good luck, and see you in Barcelona!